Among the collaborative sessions held at Greenbuild 2014, a panel discussion titled “A Conversation with William McDonough: Why Prefer Cradle to Cradle,” highlighted organizations that have incorporated Cradle to Cradle® into their business models. As co-developer of the Cradle to Cradle® framework for design and expert in sustainable design, William McDonough was the featured guest. Following an overview of the Cradle to Cradle Products Innovative Institute from Stacy Glass, each member of the panel shared how his or her organization is preferring Cradle to Cradle Certified™ products–as well as why they made this move and how it is a part of their business and organization mission.
Participating panel members included:
- Tom Darden III (Executive Director, Make It Right)
- Michael Deane (Vice President & Chief Sustainability Officer, Turner Construction)
- Steve Glenn (Founder & CEO, LivingHomes, LLC)
- Dan Probst (Chairman, Energy and Sustainability Services, JLL)
- Anthony Ravitz (Leader of Google’s Real Estate and Workplace Services Green Team)
While these companies represent only a few examples of the success of Cradle to Cradle Certified products in real world projects, it is evident there is still a high need for Cradle to Cradle Certification in other categories, such as siding and drywall.
Watch other videos on William McDonough’s YouTube Channel.
See photos from Greenbuild 2014 on William McDonough’s Twitter page